Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Gallery Exhibit!

My first gallery experience is about to take place and I am sooooo stoked! It's not so much a gallery as it is a popular public meeting place... it's an upscale ice cream and smoothie shop in the swanky/funky area of West 39th Street in Kansas City.

They have named it Miami Ice, maybe a retro reference to the TV show of a similar name that was popular about 20 years ago. It's a great place to go on a hot summer day to cool off and get some great frozen custards and such. The shop is at the top of the lists in area best ice cream polls and surveys, so you know it's gotta be good. Miami Ice. 1624 39th Street. Kansas City, MO

I've got all the wall space in the entire shop to work with, so there is room for probably 20-25 pieces depending on size and the way I lay them out... I feel it would be best to get some grids and use the wire to hang those and then go ahead and attach each framed piece to the grid. It's all so new to me, I don't know exactly how best to display... NOOBie alert!!! LOL – If anyone has some suggestions, please let me know!

I'll be putting my work up on Friday of this week and it'll be up through all of September! I'm very happy to get it in there before this weekend, because they are super busy on 39th Street over the holiday weekends. And I just remembered... they have a First Friday's event there every month!!! WooHoo! I get to mingle with the patrons and talk about my art... what a hardship... :-)

Now to pick out some variety...



No comments: