Sunday, August 24, 2008

Something a little different...

I was trying out something last night that I've wanted to do for a long time. Digital Painting. Well, I guess it's more like getting digital images to look more like paintings. I've done some actual digital painting before with the wacom tablet, and it is definitely an artform unto itself!

What I came up with last night is a little different than most of you might be used to seeing from me. It's very simple in composition and has a softer feel to it than most of my usual digital art, but I like it nonetheless. Here is a small version of it. The original is 16 x 20 as most of my artwork is created as large as possible.



But, just so you don't think I'm getting all soft on you...lol, I did come up with another digital piece that is more my usual style. It's the first of the series of small zodiac works and of course is the scorpio. Since that is my zodiac symbol, I thought it was a great one to start with... others to come later. I'm not sure if I will add any more to it, things like dates, or correspondences, etc.

I like the "carbon fiber" look and think it gives it a great feel overall. Maybe not "cutting edge" anymore, but more current than a lot of other looks.


Let me know what you think about either one of these ideas. I'm always open to "constructive" criticism.

No comments: